Last night was pretty entertaining, we watched the birthing video at our parenting class. I thought J was going to pass out, it was funny. After the video, he asked our instructor if any of the women on the video were on "drugs," our instructor was pretty sure they had not been given an epidural. He then quietly began asking me questions about C-Sections and declared he would rather I go that route. Silly man, I told him that was only under special circumstances per doctor's orders and for people like Britney Spears who also could afford a tummy tuck in the process. He was a little disappointed by that. Anyway, I explained to J that millions of women have given birth before and everything would be okay.
We also talked about our birth partners role in the birthing process. I reminded J that I would not like him in my face being a "cheerleader," in fact I would punch him in the face if he did that and if I have enough energy. He laughed at that. Our instructor also reminded our birthing partners to do things that make us comfortable. I had to remind him, he needs to do things that make ME comfortable, not him. Hopefully he understood, only time will tell.
Baby "D" doesn't really like you guys going on so much about his "big day". He says go for the medication and stop worrying.
ReplyDeletecc