Today was the end of a chapter in my life, my divorce was finalized. I thought I would feel very sad and alone today, but that is not the case. Throughout this whole journey I have had my wonderful family and friends for support. I have never been alone, God has walked this journey hand and hand with me and provided me with comfort. At the beginning of this journey I felt like an utter and complete failure, because my marriage was at an end and I NEVER thought I would be divorced. I was faced with the hard truth that I would be a single mom and all of the fears that go along with that. Will I be a good mother? Will Em feel enough love? Will Em resent me when he's older because of my failure? How will this affect Em in the long run? And on and on....I have realized many things in the last few months that I will carry with me forever. The Lord, our Father will never leave us, even at our most painful moments in life, he is there for us. With God, all things are possible, my son will know he is loved and I know God has a plan for us. I want to thank all of you for your love, support, listening to my tears, and your prayers. I'll leave you with lyrics some lyrics from my favorite songs....
"She said, it's gonna be alright
'cause God made a way through the pain
and he opened her eyes."-Toby Mac/Gone
"It's time for healing, time to move on,
It's time to fix what's been broken too long,
Time to make right what has been wrong,
It's time to find my way to where i belong,
There's a wave that's crashing over me,
And all I can do is surrender" -Sanctus Real/Whatever Your Doing
"Why are you looking for love,
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough,
To where will you go child,
Tell me where will you run,
To where will you run" -Tenth Avenue North/By Your Side
Congratulations! You've found the "peace which passes understanding" here on earth. It's that special knowledge and feeling that comes with knowing that God is truly in control and everything is ok no matter what earthly things happen. We love you and Em so much and are amazed at how gracious and strong you have been throughout this painful journey.
ReplyDeleteCc
You are awesome and are going to do great things with your new life!
ReplyDeleteYou know we love you and baby E more than words can say... We are happy that you are happy and I know that things for both of our families will only get better from here on out!
ReplyDelete