Monday, November 8, 2010

Freedom....

(Thank you Jennifer for the picture!)

With Veteran's Day quickly approaching...I thought this would be a perfect time to talk about freedom. First, I want to thank all of the men and women who have served and/or continue to serve in our military with all of my heart. I also want to thank their families for supporting them through it all, because without their support the soldiers would have a more difficult time. I am thankful that we are granted the freedom...to complain about the things I want to complain about, to worship the way I want to worship about, to hope about the things I want to hope about, the information I want, question the things I want to question, to think the things I want to think, to express the things I want to express, to openly love the people I want to love, and to believe in what I want to believe in. We truly live in a country that has it's ups and downs, but we have the freedom to change it for the better, if we choose. I am grateful for all the freedom I have and for all the men and women who ensure I maintain that freedom.


I am also thankful for the freedom from school...I am pretty much through with all of my assignments and just have to attend class right now. Every evening (except when I have class) I have the freedom to enjoy the time with Emerson and take time for myself to get healthy (in many ways). I have been consumed with the stress of taking care of Emerson, working, going to school, and having to depend on others to make it all happen. I feel like a weight has been lifted and I can breathe...as much as I have enjoyed school and feel like I have accomplished a lot, I am so glad it is over. I want to thank everyone in my life who has supported me in the past and who continues to support me in the future...I am blessed by the most amazing friends and family a person could ever want. The love that is shown to me on a daily basis through others is truly the grace of God. I have learned so much in the last 3 years and I am hopeful about the future...I cannot wait to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment