Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Athens, Texas 2011

Last Thursday, Emerson and I drove to Athens, Texas to visit our beloved Judy, Max and Libby. For lunch we stopped in Ft. Worth to see Jess and make a quick stop at Sam Moon. We arrived in Athens around 5:30 and relaxed until bedtime.





On Friday afternoon, we went to Trade Days in Canton. Oh my, what a spectacle! Anything and everything you could want can be found there.









This trade day weekend is HUGE, this picture does not do it justice, but, if you look past the original pavillion in the background you can see how far the white goes in the trees. That is still part of the grounds. This thing is amazing!












One of my favorite things about trade days is the Carnival Food, we had roasted corn, a corn dog, a hamburger, the best banana pudding and a fresh squeezed lemonade.











As you can see, Em enjoyed the food tremendously.








After all that food, it was time to walk off all those calories! Shops like this one were always a favorite of mine.




love to dig through stuff to find the perfect piece.




Emerson enjoyed Judy and Max's house more than I can describe, as did I. But, he loved the freedom of roaming around in all that space.




One of our favorite parts of the day...included hunting for Zebras. They roam free in the community Judy and Max live in, along with various geese, deer and antelope.










The baby Zebra with his Mama.








These Zebra's were stunning and as you can see, I loved taking pictures of them!









These are some of the deer that reside in the neighborhood.





Em was injured during our trip, he was running and fell into a table. I thought for sure he would stand up and be missing some teeth, but it was just a busted lip. Poor thing :( Shortly after his injury we were in Judy's office and she found this brush. Em about fell asleep standing up while she softly rubbed the brush on his face.






This is a small town called "Ben Wheeler" that we were going to eat at on Monday, but after trade days they were closed. However, the town was so charming I had to take a quick pick. Apparently the town was purchased by one man who restored all the buildings and rents them for $1/month so the history can be preserved. If I were a ridiculously rich person I would like to do something like this too.






All in all, this was the most amazing trip Em and I have been on. We had so much fun hanging out and relaxing with Judy and Max. We are planning a trip back there very soon! We love you and miss you Judy, Max, & Libby!!!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments: