As soon as we arrived in the mountains, it started to rain. Blissful, calming, steady rain, ahhhhhh....and my child reveled in putting on his rain boots and splashing up and down the stairs at CC and Papa's cabin, almost as much as reveled in watching him do so. The purity of childhood hapiness was lost to me for a while, until I had this little one. Now it is so easy to get caught up in the small delights of the day.
He has started saying "cheese" and posing for cameras. While I delight in his maturation and the recognition of "posing" for the camera, I still love the pictures where he is totally unaware that his image is being captured by his Momma.
When your in the mountains, anything goes...you can dress like a bum, not fix your hair, not wear make-up and no one says anything. Things move at a much slower pace and it always seems to me like the "outside" world disappears. I love the simplicities of being on the mountain.
Emerson was fishing for "Big Red Gooey" fish, per an episode of Mickey Mouse, with his lightening McQueen fishing pole that has a tire on the end. However, this did not in any way affect his excitement of trying.
Throughout the trip, Emerson decided his cowboy hat and yellow rainboots were standard dress for him. Who am I to argue with that, or judge? I thought it was the cutest darn thing I have ever seen!
Emerson played in the water, testing the limits of how deep he could go before water got into his rain boots. The creek runs fast, the rocks are slick, and the water is cold...nevertheless he was in love with the whole experience.
Papa had a little accident trying to hold both of his boys with those slippery rocks, but they loved every minute with him in that water.
My Boys. Enough said.
Uncle Cody, aka "Uncle Tody", and Emerson discussing life. Just kidding, Cody was being so sweet and amazing with Emerson. It is such a blessing to have such great men in his life to demonstrate the morals and values he needs for life.
These two are adorable together! Love them both so much! (I did bribe Emerson with a candy bar if he would sit still long enough for a picture, worked like a charm.)
So sweet! What a beautiful baby boy! He is growing up to fast!













Finally.....slacker! Love your pics!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the pic of your dad trying not to drop the boys, its hilarious!
ReplyDelete