Last Saturday I bit the bullet and ran my first Half Marathon. For the last two years my friend, Hugo, has been trying to convince me to run a half. I didn't train for this half marathon as much as I would have liked to train. (I think I was in denial.) Even on Saturday morning it was surreal, it was 50 degrees with winds 20-30 miles per hour. The wind made it slightly miserable. Miles 9-10 were the worst because we ran head on into the wind and we were so far into the run. They had to extend our run due to the Marathon finish line, so it ended up being 13.46 miles overall. I definitely will do this next year, the feeling of accomplishment was amazing!
Course Map

The first 4 miles.

Our finish.

Hugo insisted I go first.

October 4, 2014 next Half Marathon!!!
That is so great! I think I would have needed a friend like Hugo. So proud!
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDelete