Monday, February 18, 2008

Ft. Davis

This weekend Jason and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary, yes we are old farts. So here is how it went. We left on Friday afternoon around 4:00pm, we had to stop to get gas before we left. Jason got out of the car and he was out there for awhile, he kept pulling the trigger on the pump over and over again. (It was obvious it wasn't working) So I start laughing, it was rather funny, which is never a good thing when men are trying to get something accomplished. He then gets pissed and tries to throw the nozzle back into the machine, he threw it too hard and it kept falling out, after about three tries he got it. He gets in the car and after alot of curse words decides to go to the next gas station. A lady pulls up next to us before we get on the loop to inform us that our gas cap is hanging out of the open gas door. I cannot stop laughing at this point. We finally get gas. Thank goodness.
Everything else went fine until Saturday afternoon. I had been lying around all day and about 2:00pm I told Jason how hungry I was, we ate breakfast at 10:00am, but we had dinner reservations at 5:30pm. So I just wanted a snack, I didn't know what kind of food I wanted, but I was hungry. He asked if I would be ready to get up in 30 min. I told him yes, thinking he was asking if I would be getting ready in 30 minutes for dinner later that evening. He then went and got in the shower. While I starved. That led to a not so agreeable moment. FYI: You all thought I was demanding before I got pregnant, you should see me now, poor Jason.
At dinner on Saturday night we were supposed to receive a bottle of wine that came with our room package, so we told them we would just take it with us, we were going to give it to my mom. Well, that created so much drama we left it there. They said they would have to uncork it first, it couldn't leave the premises, etc.....
After dinner, we went to the McDonald's Observatory to see the stars. Everyone warned us to dress warm, it is in the mountains. So we did, we were not prepared for 55mph wind gusts. They wouldn't let us do the constellation search, because the telescopes would blow away. So we got to look through the big telescopes. Needless to say, we left early.
Okay, here is the worst thing that happened. That night our hotel room got to probably 90 degrees, there is no thermostat for individual rooms. It is a small, historic hotel, there is never anyone at the desk after 10pm. We were miserable. Even though we were on the second floor Jason wouldn't let us sleep with the window open because someone could get in. We resorted to we washcloths on our foreheads all night long. It was miserable.
Overall, our weekend had some rough spots, but thank goodness we experienced them together. There is no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment