Friday, August 14, 2009
Should've been a cowboy...No, no, I mean Plumber
Have you ever heard the song by Willie Nelson, should've been a cowboy? I'm sure if Willie knew what a plumber or air conditioner repair man made per hour the song would have been a little different. I have some personal experience with this. First, I had to call the plumber on Monday because everytime I ran my dishwasher and/or washing machine my bathtub would fill up and smell like someone was getting a perm, Ugh!!!! So he came, he "snaked" and twenty-minutes later I wrote him a $100.00 check for his time (and he did fix the problem). Then, late on Thursday night, my glorious 65 degree house turned into an oven. Cold air was no longer blowing out of my air vents, so I called for the air conditioning repair man, he came over and twenty minutes later I wrote him a check for his time, just to find out he fixed a low-voltage wire and my filter was too dirty for the air to properly flow through to cool. I am not trying to minimize what these guys can do, all I'm saying is I am in the WRONG field. Plumbing & electrical is the place to be, just saying......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All you need to do is find someone.... how do you put it.... "a little stupid".... and you can get almost anything done for free.
ReplyDeleteI don't EVER want "a little stupid" to think I take him for granted or take advantage of his knowledge. Next time I will call and ask first, peanut butter cookies would be cheaper than the $85
ReplyDeleteEvidently you don't know how many cookies alittlestupid can eat!
ReplyDeleteYou got it lucky, I have to lose 19 pounds in the next 31 days.... NO Cookies for at least a month!!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, alittlestupid, you just let me know when I have the green light. And you'll have all the cookies you can handle:)
ReplyDelete