Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Christmas Decorations

I decided to make "kid" friendly Christmas Ornaments for Em's Christmas Tree in his room. I started with some inexpensive ABC Blocks from Michael's.
Then, I chose a small drill bit, to attached the cord for hanging the ornaments.


Of course, I couldn't do the job without my mighty steed, my 14V Ryobi Drill. (Yes, I know it's a small drill, but it does the job for me:)) So, I drilled a hole along the edge to attach the hook.


I chose some small picture hanging hooks, you know the ones that come with the picture hanging kits.


Then, I had some twine lying around that I decided to use. I also had some extra ribbon lying around, but ended up liking the look of the twine as a hanger instead.




Then, I cut equal lengths of twine and attached them to the hangers for the cutest darn ornaments I can imagine.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, there for a minute I thought you were me! Good Job EBeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressive! Might have to steal the idea for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's being creative!!! You are just so good at thinking up the cutest little things. Can't wait for Christmas to get here so you can show off your creativity on Em's tree.
    aunt J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it has been almost a month...what do you have to say for yourself? Come on...give us something! :)

    ReplyDelete