May 3, 2012: How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual or a sudden burst?
This little lady right here has changed my perspective on the world. I guess it was a gradual change. After several years struggling with infertility, my best friend, Jess got pregnant. To say this was a joy and a blessing is an understatement. For the first few months she had the worst morning sickness I have ever heard of. In February she came to visit me, and I was so excited. We had an amazing girls weekend, we ate A LOT, we watched Sons of Anarchy, we stayed up late, we registered for her baby registry and we ate some more. On the morning she was set to fly home, something went terribly wrong. She woke up in severe pain that ended up being a kidney stone trying to pass. After five days in the hospital here in Odessa, she flew home with her husband. After arriving home, she became sick again. She returned to the hospital in Grapevine to find out she has gallstones as well as kidney stones. For a few months, she has been on a very limited diet and has had a very uncomfortable stent in place. The stent was taken out a few weeks ago and she has been so much more comfortable than she could imagine. Through all of this she has been so positive and strong. Her mantra was "I'll go through anything for my baby." Let me tell you, she has gone through so much physical and emotional pain already I hope and pray the last month and a half are a dream. She has shown me what sacrifice and strength are. She is already such a good mama I can't wait to see what she's like with her little one.
Tears!! I could not have gotten through any of this without you. You gave me reasons to smile and laugh and never made me feel like a whiney behiney. You are amazing and I love you!!
ReplyDelete