I wish I could say our First Day of School started off with this smile, but it didn't. It wasn't a terrible start, but Emerson was definitely not wanting to let me go or out of his sight. St. John's is a small private school, but is MUCH bigger than his daycare was with much older kids. There was one little boy in the Pre-K drop off that was screaming and clinging for dear life to his Mama. That little scene freaked my little one out more than anything. When I pried him off my legs and left he shouted "Mama"! After that little shout, he was all good. I watched him with his teacher and class leave the gym for his classroom he was fine.
By the time I picked him up from school, he was happy. He willingly took pictures in front of the school sign. (Thank God! I needed these pics for his photobooks!)
By the time we got home he had a hard time standing still for a front door picture, but he was a happy boy! I'm so glad that first day is over! Hopefully it will make public school Kindergarten next year easier? I hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment