Monday, August 31, 2009

What You Don't Want To Hear During A Root Canal?

What you don't want to hear during a root canal is "Wow, I've never seen this before!! Hey Dr. So-n-So, come look at this, have you ever seen anything like this before?" Apparently I'm an anamoly, I have what is called two palatal roots in one tooth and this is in 2-5% of the population. When x-rayed the doctor cannot tell there are two palatal roots because they are parallel and it looks like one normal root until they start drilling, then re x-ray. My doctor, did my root canal, then put the filler in the root and took another x-ray before he finished and discovered the x-ray showed the other root. Then we started all over again, so it took double the time. I was uncomfortable, but not in pain.

When we were finished, I asked the doctor if he was going to charge me double, he didn't, Thank the Lord!!! Mom laughed at me most of the day because half of my face didn't work and I looked like I had a really bad Botox job done. Now I just have to get my crown done and I wil be all finished.

Oh, I will tell you that while I was getting my root canal, I was thinking, "This sucks, I am going to stop eating sugar, I never want to got through this again, etc, etc" Then when we were driving back to Odessa, I saw the Midland Donut Shop and thought, "Man I could go for a doughtnut right now." So my thoughts of good behavior didn't last long. That's how my life goes:)

1 comment: