My life has been crazy lately. Taking time to breathe has been difficult. I feel like this year has gone by so fast and furious and I'm struggling to sit and enjoy. Last night I didn't work out, I just went home with Em after work. I feel like I did not enjoy my time to it's fullest ability with him. I REALLY wanted to take him to the pool or splash park, but he wanted to play soccer at the school down the street. So we played soccer, let me tell you that soccer at 6:00 in the evening while it's 110 degrees outside is NOT fun. By the time we got home, 37 minutes later, all I wanted to do was sit in my darkened living room under the ceiling fan. I was wiped out from 37 mintues!!!! Hopefully it will cool a little bit more this week so we can have some fun outside. Here's a blast from the past that is on my desktop and makes my heart flutter with love everytime I see it.
This was July 2010, the day he got his cast, and you can still see his baby cheeks. The broken arm was a horrible experience, but this afternoon was magical. Mom was over and we were outside on the patio playing with chalk and bubbles. This little boy, not yet two, was having the time of his life, broken arm and all. He was wearing his Texas Rangers T-Shirt Uncle Donnie bought for him and those little shorts. Those shorts were from an outfit from Carter's and were 12 month shorts. He has always been so tiny in the waist, he always wears a size smaller in the waist. Although now they have the adjustable waist shorts so he doesn't look like he's rocking the daisy dukes. Anyway, I digress. This was a great day that I want to experience over and over again. Taking the simplicity of pure joy and bathing in it. I have simple joyful plans for tonight for my baby and his best friend. We'll see how well we can rock it, 100 degree temps and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment