For a while, I have been wanting to learn and be more comfortable around firearms, specifically pistols. I don't expect to actually use my gun on a person because I do feel more confident in my abilities to defend myself physically these days. Between Kickboxing and Muscle Cuts, this girl is feeling confident. Watching such shows as Top Shot, I have learned that gun safety is top priority and I have no experience with handguns. Last week, I used several handguns in preparation for my CHL class I took last weekend. Now, this was my first time to hold a pistol, much less load and shoot one. I LOVED it. At first I was nervous, but once I learned the safety aspects I am so much more comfortable and I shoot pretty well. I have shot, a .38 Special, 380, 357 Magnum, and my Grandfather's 9mm from WWII. My favorite was the 357 Magnum, that is until I took my CHL class. The gun we used in that class was a Steyr Mannlicher 9mm, which is the most amazing gun I've ever had in my hands. It's made in Austria, the sight is awesome and there is little kickback, making accuracy dare I say, easy? The name in itself is hysterical. I am sure we are pronouncing it wrong and our West Texas accents are making it worse. We pronounce it "manlicker" pretty funny, huh?
I bought this gun online at Cheaper Than Dirt and was a little nervous about the process. You cannot just buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house unless you are a licensed firearm dealer. So I am having it sent to Gun Sport, Ltd. and they will process the transfer. I'll keep you posted on the process. Hopefully, my gun will be as smooth and nice as the one we shot in class.
So here is my plan...I will keep my gun in a safe within my house. Like I have said before, I do not plan on carrying this gun around or using it at my house as protection. My reasoning for taking the CHL class was for education. I just happen to fall in love with the shooting aspect as well. I plan on doing target practice at least once a month. I'm not sure why I am so excited about a gun, but I am. Soon I will be taking a Hunter's Education Course so I can take Em hunting in the fall. Little boys should get to hunt to their hearts content, don't ya think?

I think that is awesome! Little boys love to hunt and there is a special bond in getting to hunt with women. My nephews love going with me :)
ReplyDelete