
As I am sure you have noticed, I have been absent for about a month. There are reasons for my absence, although they are not really good reasons. I have been relaxing since the holidays passed and I had no school. Having the time to take care of Em, the dogs, and just go to work has been blissfully peaceful. So peaceful in fact, I feel as though I have become complacent. I am becoming increasingly happy with doing much less. It's weird, when I was crazy busy with school I had a list of things that I always thought, "If I wasn't in school, I would be doing [this]..." There were many things on this list. However, now that I am out of school I find many more reasons to not do anything. The one thing I have stayed pretty consistent on is working out at night, after Em goes to bed on my Wii. Just Dance has become my favorite Wii game to "work out" to. I haven't lost much weight, but I FEEL better!!! I think this is the most important thing for me is to just get moving again. I know a lot of people look at me and don't think I look much overweight, but I am horribly out of shape. I did 15 down and ups last night and wall sits for 5 minutes and it almost killed me!!! I thought to myself "I used to do 100 down and ups and wall sits for 20 minutes!" What has happened to me? LIFE...I have gotten caught up in the little things in life that weigh you down and I forgot to take care of myself, or I was too stressed to take care of myself, or I was too lazy to take care of myself. The bottom line is this...I don't have to have a killer body to feel good about myself, I just have to be in shape to feel good about myself. I often look at skinny people and think, "They must have a great life" then I realize how juvenile this thought is. Just because someone is thin doesn't say anything about their life and it definitely does not mean they are in good shape. If given the option to be rail thin or the size I am now, but in great shape. I would 100% choose to be in shape, no matter what my jean size is...I just want to feel good about myself again. I have started to use the Spark People App on my phone to track my calories and exercise. This has been the hardest I have EVER had to work to keep track of anything in my life and I know when I look back on the other side I will shake my head and wonder what took me so long in finding my way back here.
I've also started following some other blogs and thought, "Wow, they have such beautiful pictures, or how did they express exactly what I feel so clearly." Then I start to think how rinky dink my blog must seem. At the end of the day though, this blog is for me to express myself in whatever way I want, I am lucky...I have no mass audience to appeal to or sponsor to please. I can just be me.
I have several pictures on my camera at home I am dying to upload and share...My home computer has been the hold-up with that. However, I am done with excuses I am back!!!!
We love WII Just Dance II in our house, so much fun.
ReplyDeleteYou kind of sound like a "wise old soul", life has really made you learn some important stuff.
ReplyDeleteLove you so much!!
Cc
Woo Hoo glad you're back and it's always a joy to see any post you decide to do. You're doing a great job! Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteLove Ya,
Aunt J.
Yeah!!! You took the words right out of my mouth. Life is busy and hectic and when you can take a little time for yourself you shouldn't feel like you have let anyone down.
ReplyDeleteM proud of you for so many reasons and am super happy to see you finding some peace in life. I love u
ReplyDelete