Today I felt like a bad Momma...Even at the age of 2 with Em able to express so many things, I missed how sick he was. Here's how it all went down... On Monday I got a call from his daycare that said he had a fever of 99, which a doctor does not consider a fever for the little ones, but I picked him up anyway and took him home with me. He didn't have his "fever" long and by the time he woke up from his nap, he seemed like his good ol' self. The only thing that wouldn't go away was his cough. So I gave him what was left of his decongestant and called the Doctor's office on Tuesday to see if I could get some more. They informed me that his decongestant has been discontinued and to try Children's Zyrtec...I don't think so. By Friday his cough was much worse and affecting his sleep, so the Doctor's office called in a new type of decongestant which worked. He wasn't coughing when he was asleep, but when he woke up from the night or a nap he had a NASTY cough. On Saturday I found out I was really sick, so I decided I should probably take Em to the Doctor just to make sure he wasn't as sick as I was. So, today I took him to the Doctor and found out he has an ear infection. The Doctor was shocked that he wasn't running a fever and that he was able to sleep soundly. I am glad that my baby doesn't get fussy with the slightest change in health, but geez this is getting ridiculous. I feel like I should have known earlier, but my goodness the kid doesn't slow down for anything!!! What am I going to do with that kid!!!
Your not a bad mother....it happens to all of us!
ReplyDelete