Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friendship

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual or a sudden burst?

Wow...I think all of my friends have changed my perspective on the world this year. Seeing and experiencing with them all of the struggles that come with everyday life has taught me so much about love and grace. I've had longtime friends who have struggled with conceiving have a baby finally conceive and some that are still hopeful. Experiencing the disappointment, excitement, depression, and hope that comes with this life experience has taught me that some of life's struggles are just not fair! I've had friends get married this year and experienced in their excitement over committing their lives to the one's they love. And I've had friends who have had family struggles with parents and in-laws overstepping boundaries. I've had friends who I've just met, but feel like I've known them my whole life and couldn't imagine what life was like before their friendship. I've had friends who have bravely stepped up and talked about their struggles with weight, money, and/or relationship troubles. I have been blessed to have many friends who in spite of the unfairness life has to offer have chosen to live their life with grace and beauty. Each and every one of my friends is inspiring to me, which is why I think God has placed them in my life. My Mom always says "Friends are the Family you choose"...I think I have chosen very well. I love you all dearly and could not imagine going through this crazy thing called life without you!!!

1 comment: